Politics MCQ Questions with Answer
Q41. Consider the following statements:
- An amendment of the Constitution of India can be initiated by the introduction of a Bill only in the Lok Sabha.
- The Bill for amendment of the Constitution of India has to be passed in each House by a majority of the total membership of that House and by a majority of not less than two-thirds of the members of that House present and voting.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(a) Only 1
(b) Only 2
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2
Q42. The Planning Commission of India has been constituted
(a) Under constitutional provision with a specific mention for it
(b) Through an Act of Parliament
(c) Through a cabinet decision in this regard
(d) Through a constitutional amendment
Q43. The Government of India Act, 1935 was based on:
(a) Simon Commission
(b) Lord Curzon Commission
(c) Dimitrov Thesis
(d) Lord Clive’s report
Q44. Who of the following has stated that ‘The Constitution has not been set in a right mold of Federalism’?
(a) D. D. Basu
(b) K. M. Munshi
(c) B. R. Ambedkar
(d) A. K. Iyer
Q45. What are the Terms of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India?
(a) 6 years
(b) up to 65 years of age
(c) 6 years or 65 years of age, whichever earlier
(d) up to 64 years of age
Q46. Consider the following statements:
- There was a special provision for the Anglo-Indian community in certain services.
- The Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act was passed in 1955.
- The Untouchability (Offences) Act, was renamed as the Protection of Civil Rights Act.
Which of the statements given above are correct?
(a) 1, 2 and 3
(b) 1 and 2
(c) 2 and 3
(d) 1 and 3
Q47. The Governor may recommend the imposition of the President’s rule in the state
(a) On the recommendation of the State Legislature
(b) On the recommendation of the President
(c) On the recommendation of the Chief Minister
(d) If he is convinced the Government of the State cannot be carried on in accordance with the provisions of the Constitution of India
Q48. In which year, the 73rd Constitutional Amendment Act (1972) was assented by the President?
Q49. Which party has advocated the coming together of all Left parties?
(b) CPI (M)
Q50. Which among the following is not a part of the electoral reforms?
(a) Installation of electronic voting machines
(b) Appointment of election Commissioner
(c) Registration of Political parties
(d) Disqualifying the offenders