Chemistry MCQ Questions with Answer
Q31. The purpose of adding sodium sulfate and sodium silicate to the detergent in a washing powder is
1. To keep the washing powder dry
2. To maintain the alkalinity of the powder
Which of these statements is/are correct?
(a) Only 1
(b) Only 2
(c) Both 1 and 2.
(d) Neither 1 nor 2
Q32. What is the wood spirit?
(a) Methyl Alcohol
(b) Ethyl Alcohol
(c) Butyl Alcohol
(d) Propyl Alcohol
Q33. Which one of the following metals is less reactive than hydrogen?
Q34. ‘Saponification’ is a process by which–
(a) Soap is prepared
(b) Sulphur is extracted
(c) Plastic is prepared
(d) Protein is identified.
Q35. C11 – L – methyl-methionine is used for
(a) Brain tumor and parathyroid imaging
(b) Stomach analysis
(c) Bone imaging
(d) Live imaging
Q36. Consider the following statements:
1. Liquefied natural gas (LNG) is liquefied under extremely cold temperatures and high pressure to facilitate storage or transportation in specially designed vessels.
2. The first LNG terminal in India was built in Hassan.
3. Natural gas liquids (NGL) are separated from LPG and these include ethane, propane, butane and natural gasoline.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(a) 1 only
(b) 1 and 3
(c) 2 and 3
(d) 1, 2, and 3
Q37. The toxic gas present in the smoke exhausted by cars is–
Q38. Which one of the following is another name of RDX?
Q39. Who coined the Chipko slogan “Ecology is Permanent Economy“?
(a) Chan Prasad Bhatt
(b) Sundarlal Bahuguna
(c) Shyam Prasad Bahuguna
(d) Bachni Devi
Q40. Alum stops bleeding in a minor cut because of–